Explore Our Plans
Our full-featured health plans meet all Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements to include drug and vision coverage, and 100% coverage for wellness and preventive medicine.
Current UHA customers can get their specific health plan information by accessing the UHA Member or Employer portal.
UHA 600 (Bundle)
No annual deductible and UHA covers 90% of the cost of physician services.
Drug Plan 90/10 Preferred
With drug costs on the rise, Drug Plan 90/10 Preferred may be your ideal plan. It’s a unique option that may help your employees save money.
Contact our Sales team for more details.
Phone: (808) 532-4009
Toll free: (800) 458-4600, ext. 301
Toll free fax: (866) 577-3035
Detailed Plan Comparison
The following chart displays a comparison of plan provisions and benefits when seeing a participating provider.
|Medical Services||UHA 3000
|Dependent Child Coverage||Less than 26 years of age|
|Annual Deductible2||$200 per person;
$600 per family
|Annual Maximum Out-of-Pocket||$2,200 per person;
$6,600 per family
|$2,200 per person;
$7,500 per family
|Preventative Care Services†4|
|Physical Exam (office visit) once per calendar year||No co-payment|
|Preventive Screening Services|
|Well Child Care Visit|
|Screening Laboratory Services – Outpatient|
|**Maternity Care||No co-payment||10% of EC*|
|Birthing Room†||No co-payment|
|Newborn Nursery†||10% of EC*|
|Disease Management Programs†|
|Smoking Cessation Program||No co-payment|
|Asthma Education Program|
|Diabetes Self-Management Training & Education|
|Nutritional Counseling Programs|
|Physician Office Visit||$12 co-payment||10% of EC*|
|Room & Board (semi-private room)||20% of EC*;
|10% of EC*|
|Hospital Ancillary Services|
|Laboratory & Pathology – Inpatient|
|Emergency Room Services||20% of EC*;
|10% of EC*|
|Ambulance (ground or inter-island air)||20% of EC*|
|Complimentary Alternative Medicine|
|Chiropractor / Acupuncture Services
Benefits limited to the treatment of conditions of the neuromusculoskeletal system by a licensed provider.
|10% co-payment per visit
First set of x-rays at 50% of EC*;full charge for additional sets;
$500 combined maximum per calendar year
- 1.The information above is intended to provide a condensed explanation of UHA medical plan benefits. Please refer to the appropriate Medical Benefits Guide (MBG) for complete information on benefits and provisions. In case of a discrepancy between this comparison and the language contained in the MBG, the MBG will take precedence.
- 2.Annual deductible does not apply to all services. Refer to your Medical Benefits Guide to verify which services apply.
- 3.No annual or lifetime maximum.
- 4.All U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) A and B recommended screening services are covered at 100% as required under the previsions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- †UHA 3000 annual deductible does not apply.
- *EC = Eligible Charge. Refer to your Medical Benefits Guide for detailed definition.
- **Covered, including prenatal, false labor, delivery, and postnatal services provided by your physician or certified nurse midwife. Maternity care does not include related services such as nursery care, labor room, hospital room and board, diagnostic testing, and other lab work and radiology. Please refer to the specific benefits for more information on those services.