Asthma ManagementAsthma is a serious lung disease that makes breathing difficult for about 8% of Americans. It can be deadly if it’s not treated properly, and there is no cure – but the good news is that it can be managed and treated so people can live normal, healthy lives. UHA is committed to supporting our members with asthma. We offer a free 1-hour self-management class, that can be repeated as needed, with a Certified Asthma Educator. In addition, most asthma medications are covered with a low copay*. To enroll please contact Health Care Services via our website or by calling 808-532-4006.
- UHA Health Care Services – (808) 532-4006
- Castle Medical Center Asthma Services – (808) 263-5158
- American Lung Association Asthma Resources – 1-800-LUNGUSA
- American Lung Association in Hawaii: Programs and Services
- Freedom From Smoking (FFS) Online Smoking Cessation
* Refer to the UHA Preferred Drug List to see if your medication is covered