- Who is considered a dependent?
- How do I add my newborn child, adopted child, or newlywed spouse to my plan?
- How do I add a new employee to our group?
- How do I terminate coverage for an employee?
- I lost my member ID card. How do I get a new one?
- How long does it take to get a member ID card?
- Will my dependents receive member ID cards?
Q. Who is considered a dependent?
A. The following are considered eligible dependents:
- The spouse of the employee
- Dependent children to age 26 regardless of marital status, enrollment in school, or residency
Please note: Spouses and children of adult dependents do not qualify for this coverage
- Unmarried children who are disabled
- Other categories of dependents are subject to the provisions of the employer's Group Service Agreement. Please consult with your employer for questions about dependent eligibility.
- Civil Union Partner
Q. How do I add my newborn child, adopted child, newlywed spouse or Civil Union Partner to my plan?
A. To enroll your newborn child, adopted child, or newlywed spouse, complete a Member Enrollment form.
The form along with the appropriate documents should be submitted by the group administrator to UHA. Additions to your health plan must be enrolled within 31 days of birth, adoption, marriage or civil union.
Q. How do I add a new employee to our group?
A. An employer can add a new employee anytime with the Member Enrollment form within 31 days of the date the employee becomes eligible for coverage. Coverage will always be effective on the first day of the month following enrollment.
Q. How do I terminate coverage for an employee?
A. An employer can terminate an employee's coverage by using the Member Termination form. Employee eligibility under most medical benefits programs terminates on the last day of the month in which employment ends. Mid-month terminations or retroactive terminations will not be accepted.
Q. I lost my member ID card. How do I get a new one?
A. You may either contact Customer Services, email us via our online form,
or complete and fax a Request for Member Identification Card form.
Q. How long does it take to get a member ID card?
A. Member ID cards are usually mailed within five days after an enrollment or request for a card is received. Prescription cards, provided by Restat, are usually mailed within 7 - 10 business days.
Q. Will my dependents receive member ID cards?
A. Each subscriber is issued two Prescription ID Cards provided by Restat. The cards list the name of the subscriber(employee) and each member's name. Additional ID cards can be requested through the Restat Customer Service line at 1-877-525-5125.